Saturday

January 15th, 1980

I’m pretty sure that S. at work has a crush on me. The freaky thing is I kind of think he’s cute and he is pretty nice even if he does like AC/DC. I’m sure S. would beat up any of my friends if he ran into them. Besides, he hangs out with all the stupid rocker people at school. Boys like that just don’t like our kind. If my friends down at the club ever found out about this I would be ostracized, shunned, and hurled out in the street. I’d be left to die in a world of white middle class mediocrity, doing the dishes waiting for S. to come home so I can run my fingers through his head banger hair and produce more mediocre children.
I’m sure his friends would feel the same way.
I better keep this to myself.
Janie's Room (circa 1980)
friend in Janie's room (date unknown)