Tuesday

February 24th, 1980

Finally! back to the bloody car! I didn’t see S. for the rest of that day and then I didn’t work for a few days after that. I was kind of nervous about seeing him again because I figured he would totally know that the crush was mutual but when I saw him he was completely normal. Work was as boring as usual and the Cougar played disgusting music as usual and S.’s eyes were ridiculously blue as usual. I left work and was waiting at the bus stop when I heard what sounded like the most horrendous thunder boiling in the sky but lo and behold it was the sound of S’s car as he pulled up to the bus stop. He cracked me up as he leaned out the window and said, “pull up to the bumper baby.” Who would have thunk that S. would know a Grace Jones song. He offered me a ride home. It was cold as hell and of course the heater is broken in his car so he pulled me across the bench seat closer to him and put his arm around me!!!! I thought I was going to die. We didn’t say a word and when he pulled into Montgomery Park he stopped the car and we started kissing madly. I think we necked for about an hour and then I had to go. He (of course) was playing Led Zeppelin, which would normally totally gross me out but there was something really amazingly sexy about making out with a rocker boy to “when the levee breaks.”
I am totally going to have to burn this diary.
Janie's room (date unknown)